What is Functional Medicine?
Functional medicine is “root cause” medicine. It aims to uncover the underlying causes of disease, rather than merely treating symptoms. Functional medicine relies on the following principles:
- Person-centered care. We strive to not just bring relief but to help you realize your full genetic potential for wellness and vitality.
- Science-based approach. We use the latest laboratory testing, genomic profiles, and other diagnostic techniques to give us a complete picture of your health.
- Integrative medical care. We combine the best aspects of Western medicine with more holistic practices – incorporating nutrition, exercise, botanical medicines, supplements, detoxification, and stress-management techniques.
- Client and practitioner are partners in the therapeutic process.
As functional medicine practitioners, you can expect us to spend more time with you than your typical doctor. We take our time to listen to your history, seeking to connect the dots between seemingly unrelated factors. You can expect us to dig deep to understand the genetic, biochemical, environmental, and lifestyle factors that may be contributing to your illness.
And we look at all the ways we can support you in rebuilding your health from the inside out – from supplements to stress management to medications (when needed). Then we use this information to create a comprehensive, individualized treatment plan to bring balance back to your body.
Restore Your Health and Longevity
Health and longevity begins by evaluating with the big picture in mind. We know that there are so many factors that can have an impact on your overall well-being. We go beyond simply treating symptoms. After we complete the Benehealth IQ assessment we can further tailor a care plan to address the unique findings that are causing symptoms or disease, with the goal of stopping them for good.
Once we've worked on remedying the root cause, we'll create a wellness plan that integrates holistic approaches to maintain your good health, and prevent further disease.
By addressing the root cause(s), we not only achieve reduction or elimination of symptom and disease, we also enhance your overall wellness and reduce risk of further disease. Our mission is to have you feeling mentally and physically your best, now and for years to come.
It's time to stop putting your health on the back burner. To prioritize your well-being, sign up for your first consultation today!
What Do We Treat?
The health and longevity begins by evaluating your health with the big picture in mind. We know that there are so many factors that can have an impact on your health, and this means going beyond simply treating symptoms like traditional medicine. After our team has a full understanding of your ailments, we can begin by removing the factors that are causing the symptoms with the goal of stopping them for good. This can mean changing environmental factors in your life, examining how genes play a role, and treating any other underlying causes. Our health coaches will work with you to determine what changes will bring you the best results!
Once we’ve worked on remedying the root cause, we’ll create a wellness plan that integrates holistic approaches to healing the harm done by your ailment. With these steps, we hope that your health will be restored again! By addressing not only your current wellness, but also preventative care practices, your health and longevity will be stronger than ever before. Feeling mentally and physically your best, now and for years to come, is the mission of this wellness program.
It’s time to stop putting your health on the back burner. To prioritize your wellbeing, sign up for the for your first consultation today!
Some of the conditions and symptoms we focus on in the BH Restore program are:
- High blood pressure and high cholesterol
- Type II diabetes
- Weight imbalance (weight gain, or trouble losing weight)
- Digestive symptoms – heartburn, constipation, abdominal gas, and bloating
- Digestive conditions – Irritable Bowel Syndrome, reflux (GERD), Irritable Bowel Disease, Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO), leaky gut
- Thyroid, adrenal and sex hormone imbalances
- Fertility optimization
- Postpartum recovery and optimization
- Muscle pain and weakness
- Chronic fatigue
- Autoimmune disorders
- Recovery and performance
- Allergies and food sensitivities
- Chronic illness and immune dysfunction
- Disease prevention and health optimization
How It Works
First, we REMOVE the things that may be harming you – inflammatory foods, environmental toxins, and hidden infections from bacteria, parasites, or yeast.
Second, we REPLACE the harmful things with those that will initiate cellular healing – from an individualized plan using focused nutrients, prebiotics/probiotics, and healthy foods.
Third, we REPAIR the damage that has been done – with the use of anti-inflammatory herbs, vitamins and minerals, and detoxification therapies designed specifically for you.
Fourth, we REBALANCE the body systems so they start working in harmony again. This includes creating a healthy diet, stress management practices, and movement routines that are sustainable for your unique body and lifestyle.
We use a variety of natural, evidence-based treatment options to help you:
Improve gut health
Get better sleep
Improve brain health
Restore sexual health
Regain hormonal balance
Enhance memory and concentration
Mitigate environmental and toxin exposure